Saturday, May 3, 2008

Back from my (temporary) hibernation.

I started this post four days ago, the photos didn't want to upload, so I'm back again, hoping that the photos will work. Whether they do or not, I'm going to post anyway.



On Guanwei's blog the faces of the couple are censored. I didn't censor them because I am too lazy, and everyone knows anyway. That was April 18th, at RGS Masquerade. (Yes the photos upload!)

So that was before I went botak. Many people have been telling me that I'm not exactly botak- I just got a crew cut. Agreed. Still, I miss my hair. And Guanwei, Boontiong, Teohong, Yi Fan and Bing Yang have all joined the cult of Having-No-Hair. (I must have started this buzzcut cult, thank you!) And yet by now, my hair has grown back to almost a third it's original length, and I'm going to have to cut it in about two weeks time if I don't want it popping out like an Afro. A straight-haired one.

After a bunch of us went botak (the first batch), we weren't going to just let our hair grow back and forget ourselves ever looking like NSmen-looking chaps, right?


Tadah! This was meant for us to look like jailbirds. We wanted to make cards with our names to hold up, which would be pretty cool, but heck, we couldn't be bothered much. I think my head looks several times smaller with so little hair.






A happy one! :D

Hellyeah.


That was some time ago, back when I just got my haircut. That week, it was just rehearsals and school, and both again the next day. I spent more time out than my sleeping hours at home, which I believe is the case for anyone with a major commitment.


But Friday was the first show (25th April) and I must say it went pretty smoothly. A few hiccups, but if not an alright show. Saturday matinee went well and we(the cast) sort of learnt to warm up to the audience when they warm up to us. And then there was Saturday night show, which was super awesome. Like, after it was over, half the audience gave us a standing ovation(albeit many of them from 4K but stilllllll) and we had the loudest laughter of all the three shows. It felt superb after the whole thing was over and then there're no more rehearsals and 9 'o clock nights in school for some time to come!

Thanks to the 4F guys Jing Xian, Lincoln, Clarence, Bing Yang, Ryan, Kelvin, Yi Fan, Guan Wei, Daniel, Hao Qin, Chee Yeow and whoever else(I'm not sure if that's all). And Jason, Gerald, Sng Yi and Si Yuan. Who all came for the Saturday matinee. And Mr Chang haha! And Brandon, Miin, Naman and Jonathan who came for Saturday night.



This is like the only photo I took, with Miin and Brandon.

Myself, happy!

After that and all the packing up and bumping out I went to the Clarke Quay area to meet Miin and Brandon. Which was so retarded, because we ate nothing and just took a Big Walk in the humid night weather and wasted time.


Alright, so that was over and I am all the free-er to study for and do all my assignments which are due over the next two weeks.

Sunday was spent cramming for chemistry test on Monday. The whole Sunday. Somewhat.

Then monday was NAPFA test. I kept my consistent 25 points for five stations, just the same as the last two years. Which I wasn't exactly expecting because this is my first year doing pullups. But never mind, I just need a B for 2.4km run to maintain my 29 points(also the same as the last two years), or a C for a Gold! Easy. (:

Today being a Friday, and just after Labour Day, and a very very slack, turn-off day, I had a very turn-off day in school. And there was RJC Chinese Drama performance in the evening, with a guest performance by the RI Chinese Drama Circle. Before all that, school ended at 1245. Guess what I did in between!


I watched Iron Man today, hooray. And like, the show is awesome. I think it's of the same standard as Transformers last year, or slightly better. It has a deeper plot, and very cool science stuff. You might choose to evaluate my viewpoint as slightly biased, because I am a geek sort of guy, but I must point out that I've never been much of an Iron Man fan in the past(apart from the occasional The Avengers comics, left) and yet I am saying this. Iron Man is a must-watch for any blockbuster junkie, or sci-fi lovers. (Strictly from my POV only.)

Then the Chinese Drama wasn't too bad. In the beginning it was really boring, and I think I might have slept if not for having Shao Chun beside me who would come up with the occasional wisecrack. Then the second half came and everyone became wide awake. The play in the second half is literally translated (by Shao Chun) as Forbidden Love. Guess what? It's gay love. There's this guy who can't understand his feelings for his friend and he thinks he loves that friend. When it's put in Chinese it sounds better, okay. Then Shao Chun and Guan Wei got all horny and started talking about all the sick stuff(NOT gay stuff). I think Shao Chun gets EXTRA horny when it's dark or at night.

But the whole thing was pretty alright I guess. Not exactly worth 10 dollars, I think I'd pay 5. Which is a pass after all.

Sorry about the long, long break I just took. Commitments, commitments and commitments. I still have two tests the next week and a whole load of work to hand up. Which means my blog hits drop like crazy. You know, when I don't blog for a couple of days, the hits dwindle and dwindle then once I post, they shoot up after a day's delay.

See you back in a few days, though!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

我说好啊!好好好戏剧!
How can you forget the random shouting -.-

miin. said...

Zomgg my mum sent you home tooo :D

(Hahahaha your sore eyes shirt!)

Anw I think you look cooler with buzzcut hair :P

Love!
Miin;

P.S. River again during holidays alright :D

Anonymous said...

who cares if it's just a buzzcut, everyone still goes, "HI BOTAK!" anyway =[