Wednesday, May 28, 2008

hol-lee-day!

I haven't posted in a while even though I haven't had much to do since I recovered from my illness a few days ago.

So I made a full recovery by Saturday, and then went to work on Sunday with Vince. Work was pretty horrid. It was Munchy Cafe at Singapore Expo. And I realised that it is super stressful to work in the food industry because you must be really clean and then still have to serve customers and wash plates and clear tables. I think I'd prefer my previous holiday job, but I don't have enough time this holiday to make a significant amount of money working as a retail assistant.

Work seems to have stopped though, after I went home on Sunday. The cafe was open for the show Dora the Explorer, but supposedly that show has had a very bad reception. So they're not opening for the whole of this week. Until Saturday, maybe. Which will be the last day of the show anyway. This means that I take home one day of pay, assuming I don't get to work on Saturday. Understandably, not a lot of money.

My hair still hasn't grown back. I got it trimmed so that I would look neater, but now it just stands up near the edges and I look like a goofball. The previous cut was macho at least. All I need now is for it to grow longer. Hopefully, it'll be back to normal by the end of the holidays.

Rui Jie is reawakened! Visit him at www.whattalkingyou.com! I went to his house and watched Harold and Kumar Go to White Castle yesterday. It was stupendously hilarious. I need to watch Guantanomo Bay NAO.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

lol they called me to go back and i've been working my socks off every day until 11 haha. 5 days of pay for me XD